Megan Sexton will be offering online poetry consultations for GWA this February and March! Megan Sexton’s collection of poems, Swift Hour, received the Adrienne Bond Award for Poetry. She is co-editor of Five Points: A Journal of Literature & Art and teaches in the Department of English at Georgia State University.
Her poetry and nonfiction have been widely published in anthologies and journals, including Poetry, Ploughshares, The Iowa Review, The Southern Review, The Literary Review, Poetry Daily, and elsewhere. She has been nominated for the PEN/Newman First Amendment Award and has received a fellowship from the Hambidge Center.
She lives in Decatur with her husband and daughter and plays drums in the Decatur-based band, The Skylarks.
Megan is accepting poetry for line edits and content critique. Please see below for fees and guidelines.
- Individual Poems (up to 2 pages), $15
- Folios (up to 7 pages in length, not to include more than 5 poems), $50
- Chapbooks (16-40 pages in length), $200
- Full-length collections (45-80 pages in length), $250
All manuscripts should be formatted in 12-point font and double-spaced.The deadline to submit work for these consultations is March 1. Megan will complete her work and respond to all participants by March 30.
Please fill out all required fields in order for us to process your event request and place it on our website. Thank you so much!
Memberships are $50.00 for 12 months and include:
- FREE monthly workshop admission
- Discount on Red Clay Writers Conference admission
- Access to monthly online columns on various writing and publishing topics
- Access to Facebook critique groups for creative non-fiction, fiction, and poetry (NEW!)
- Access to audio from past monthly workshops (NEW!)
- Free one year subscription to Poets & Writers magazine (NEW!)
- Discount on Scrivener and Scapple (NEW!)
Applicants to the Georgia Writers Registry (GWR) must be residents of Georgia and must also earn a minimum of 12 publication points based on the following point system:
- Each book of poetry, fiction, non-fiction, or creative non-fiction
- Each play produced by a professional theatre (equity contract)
- Each chapbook
- Staged readings of plays by professional theatres or professional playwright’s organizations
- Each work of fiction, non-fiction, or creative non-fiction published in a literary journal, anthology, or edited Web publication
- Each poem published in a literary journal, anthology, or edited Web publication
- Publications from vanity presses
- Self-published work
- Work from presses that do not offer authors standard book contracts
- Work published by a journal or anthology for which one makes editorial decisions
This form should be filled out by the sponsoring organization prior to the event.
Applications will not be considered unless all information is provided. Please keep a copy for your records. Sponsors are required to submit all promotional materials, including print copies of webpages and e-mails, that highlight the logos of the Georgia Writers Association, the Georgia Council of the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Arts. Proof of verbal acknowledgement made at the event must be submitted if there are no written promotional materials.
This form should be filled out by the sponsoring organization after the event has taken place.
The event director is to complete this form within 15 days of the completion of the event. Sponsors are required to submit all promotional materials along with this form, including screenshots of webpages and e-mails, that highlight the logos of the Georgia Writers Association, the Georgia Council for the Arts, and the National Endowment for the Arts. Proof of verbal acknowledgement made at the event must be submitted if there are no written promotional materials.
- This form should be filled out the writer after the event has taken place and within 15 days of the completion of the event.
- Please cash your check within 90 days of issuance.
- If there are any discrepencies between the amount you agreed to be paid for the even and the actual amount of the check, please contact Jenny Sadre-Orafai firstname.lastname@example.org